Bajaj Allianz received the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) certificate of Registration on 2nd May, 2001 to conduct various businesses (including Health Insurance business) in India. The Company has an authorized and paid up capital of Rs 110 crores. Bajaj Finserv Limited holds 74% and the remaining 26% is held by Allianz, SE.
As on 31st March 2015 Bajaj Allianz maintained its premier position in the industry by achieving growth as well as profitability. Bajaj Allianz has made a profit before tax of Rs. 777 crores and has become the only private insurer to cross the Rs.100 crore mark in profit before tax in the last two years. The profit after tax was Rs.562 crores, 39% higher than the previous year.